Enrollment for Former CU Students
Former Degree Students
If more than 12 months has passed since you enrolled in a CU Boulder course but you were previously admitted to a degree program at CU, you should fill out and submit our CE Readmission form. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
If you graduated from CU Boulder and wish to enroll in university courses as a nondegree student, you will be considered a new student. Visit the Enrollment for New Nondegree Students page for information on how to get started.
Former Nondegree Students
If less than 12 months has passed since you last enrolled as a nondegree student at CU Boulder, you must term activate yourself before you may enroll in classes. In order to self-term activate:
- Log in to Buff Portal.
- Open the term activation card, click “Term-activate yourself.”
- Complete your preregistration items (if necessary).
- On the enrollment dates page, open the main menu and click “Term Information.”
- Click “Activate new term for enrollment.”
- Find your nondegree program, tick the checkbox to select that row, then click “Continue.”
- Select the correct term from the drop-down, then click “Continue.”
You are now term-activated. You will need to term-activate every semester as long as you are a nondegree student.
If more than 12 months has passed since you were enrolled as a nondegree student at CU Boulder, please complete and submit the Enrollment Application.
If approved, you will receive a student identification number to activate your Identikey and search/enroll in courses via the CU Boulder Class Search.