Students may be eligible to pay their tuition and fees in installments over the course of the current semester. Optional payment plans are available for undergraduate and graduate students or their authorized payers. Re-enrollment is required each semester you choose to participate.
A payment plan is a good option for students and families who can allow debits from one bank account or credit card to occur on a consistent basis. Payments must be made via automatic deduction (ACH) from a regular United States checking or savings account or credit/debit card. This option is not a good fit if payments will be made from multiple sources because automatic deductions/debits must come from only one bank account or credit card.
Continuing Education accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa and DISCOVER. Automatic deductions are processed on the 5th of the month. When the 5th falls on a weekend, payments are processed the following business day. Dates and plan terms may be subject to change without notice.
- A minimum $250 tuition and fee balance (estimated or actual).
- Tuition and fee account must be in good standing (not past due).
- Study Abroad participants are not eligible to enroll.
Costs to participate
- $25 nonrefundable enrollment fee per semester (charged by NelNet Business Solutions)
- $30 fee if a payment plan payment is returned (charged by NelNet Business Solutions)
- A nonrefundable 2.75 percent (2.75%) service fee applies to all credit/debit card payments (charged by NelNet Business Solutions)
How to Enroll in a Payment Plan
- Students log in to Buff Portal. Authorized payers log in to CUBill&Pay and go to step 4. Please note: Whoever signs up for the plan becomes the “plan owner” and only that person can change the plan.
- Click on the Billing Information tab.
- Select Payment Plans.
- In the left menu, select CE Boulder Payment Plan.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the plan.
- When you complete enrollment and activate your plan, your automatic deduction/debit is scheduled to occur on the 5th of each month. You do not need to do anything further. (If you need to cancel your plan, contact the Continuing Education Bursar’s Office.)
- You must re-enroll in the plan each semester.
Tuition Balances and Rebalancing
The amount of a student’s account balance may change due to changes in course fees, adding or dropping classes, or financial aid. If the student’s tuition and fee account balance decreases, the payment plan monthly deductions will be rebalanced automatically so that the adjusted balance is split evenly over the remaining months of your plan. You do not need to take action in this case.
If the student’s tuition and fee account balance increases, the plan owner is required to log in and manually rebalance the payment plan. For instructions, see the how-to guide on the Bursar’s website.
If you have questions or need to cancel a payment plan, contact us at 303-492-2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.