Application and Enrollment Process

Degree-Seeking Students

If you are an active degree-seeking student (i.e. you have been admitted to a degree program at CU Boulder), you do not need to take additional action to apply. If you can enroll yourself in a main campus course, you can enroll yourself in a Continuing Education course. Simply enroll in courses by logging into Buff Portal or using the CU Boulder Class Search. In the class search under “Campus Options,” select “Boulder Continuing Education” to view all available Continuing Education offerings. Classes change each semester.

Suspended Students

If you are on suspension and would like to enroll in Continuing Education courses, we strongly encourage you to speak with an academic advisor. When you are ready to enroll in courses you will need to submit the Course Request Form as your suspension hold will prevent you from enrolling through your Buff Portal account.

Returning CU Boulder Students

If you have not enrolled in CU Boulder courses in the past 12 months, your student record may be discontinued. Complete the free Continuing Education Application so that we can reactivate your record before you enroll in CE Evening Credit or CE Online Credit courses. If you plan to take daytime, on-campus courses, please complete the readmission application through the Office of Admissions.

Now that you’ve selected your favorite Continuing Education courses, email or print the information, including class number, to more easily search Buff Portal and enroll. Still have questions? Contact an advisor.


Monday – Friday
9:00am to 4:00pm


We are located at the corner of University Avenue and 15th Street in a white brick building.


1505 University Avenue
University of Colorado Boulder
178 UCB
Boulder, Colorado