Before applying, talk to your parent or guardian and your high school counselor about your interest in the High School ACCESS program. When you are ready, be sure to follow the specific application process outlined by your school district as well as the following steps:
Step 2: Complete the Supplemental Application Forms (prior to registration)
- Submit the Enrollment Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): This MOU must be on file each term to be eligible to enroll.
- Submit High School District Approval Forms, if applicable:
- Boulder Valley School District students must also submit BVSD’s application in order to receive district assistance.
- If you attend any other district, check with your high school counselor to see if you’re eligible for tuition assistance. If approved by your school, please complete the District Approval Form and submit no later than a month after the term starts.
Send completed forms to email@example.com.
Step 4: Apply for the College Opportunity Fund
If you are a resident of Colorado and are 13+ years old, you can apply for a stipend that will cover a portion of the tuition for CU Boulder main campus courses. Review and apply for COF. Your social security number or identification number is needed to connect COF to your student account. If you didn’t provide this number on your application, please call us at 303-492-5148 to add it to your file. When you enroll in courses, you will have the opportunity to AUTHORIZE the stipend. You must complete BOTH steps to receive your stipend.
The COF stipend is not applicable for CE Evening Credit, CE Online Credit, Applied Music, Individualized Instruction, Extraordinary, or International English Center courses. The tuition rates for many of these programs are based on the tuition paid by Colorado residents after the COF stipend is applied.
Step 5: Enroll in Courses
Summer registration into main campus and Continuing Education courses for high school students starts on Monday, March 11.
- Once we’ve received and processed your application, we will send you a Welcome Message email. The Welcome Message will guide you through online enrollment via Buff Portal, the CU online student portal.
- You can add courses to a “shopping cart” as soon as you receive your Welcome Message.