Finish What You Started
Finish What You Started Program at CU Boulder
It is never too late to complete a college degree. With the support of the American Rescue Plan and the Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative, CU Boulder has new resources to support you in finishing your undergraduate degree.
The Finish What You Started program provides financial, academic, and career support to help Colorado residents return to school, earn their degrees, and enhance their career outlook.
Why should you participate?
The program provides you with a host of support services as you work toward completing your undergraduate degree. Participants are eligible for the following services:
- Scholarship funding starting at $1,500 per semester until you graduate (or through Spring 2025)
- One-on-one academic advising and enrollment support to understand your degree requirements and efficient avenues to completion
- Coaching to promote self-exploration, develop academic and life skills, and facilitate goal setting and accountability
- Career advising to explore your interests and help you navigate the transition to the workforce, including assistance with on-campus employment, internships, and a full-time job after graduation
- Financial consultation to understand available federal and state aid and other scholarships
- The possibility of more funding to support you
- Access to additional CU Boulder student success resources
Online and evening classes may be available to help you finish your degree. Consult with your advisor to learn more.
Who is eligible?
To participate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Colorado resident or qualify for in-state tuition based on one of the Residency Exceptions for Domicile (e.g., military exception, ASSET exception, etc.)
- Be pursuing your first degree, as students with an associate degree or a 30+ credit certificate are ineligible
- Have been impacted economically by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have completed credits that are applicable to a CU Boulder degree
- Plan to finish your degree in Spring 2025 or sooner
- Have not enrolled in a higher education institution for two consecutive semesters
- Are or have been previously enrolled in CU Boulder
Even if you don’t qualify for the Finish What You Started program, CU Boulder’s Division of Continuing Education can still help you finish your degree. To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 492-5148.
How to get started
There are two ways to take the next step:
- Fill out the “Connect with an Advisor” form to talk more about your situation and get your questions answered
- Fill out the program application if you are a former CU Boulder student who is inactive and would like to apply and readmit to the university simultaneously