Nondegree Student Scholarships
Continuing Education offers scholarships for nondegree students.
Application and Award Process
- Submit the appropriate application along with a 250-500 word essay addressing your past educational history, your future educational and career goals, and the specific way in which the scholarship will assist you in meeting those goals.
- The award amount is based on available funding and a competitive essay review. Scholarship essays will be rated based on the following elements:
- (4 points) Content The essay fully addresses all portions of the prompt and has a central point that is interesting, original, substantial, and maybe even striking. The author uses concrete details to “show” rather than merely “tell” their story.
- (3 points) Readability/Organization The central idea is developed in the essay through well-chosen and appropriate language. The essay is organized and well-structured. There is a beginning, a body, and a conclusion and transitions help the paper flow smoothly. Introductory statements are interesting and appropriate. Concluding statements are satisfying.
- (2 points) Tone The essay is written in the authentic voice of the writer. It is compelling and interesting. The tone is consistent and shows effort/thought was put in.
- (1 point) Grammar/Standard language use Author has given thought to form, grammar, and structure and is writing at a college level of English.
- Awardees will be notified via the email given on the application.
If you have any questions or are unable to log into the appropriate application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.