Eligibility to Enroll in Credit Courses

Nondegree Application Requirements

You need a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma to enroll in credit courses. If you are under 23 years of age as of Sept. 15 for fall or Jan. 15 for spring, and not officially admitted or enrolled in a CU Boulder degree program, you must submit unofficial copies of either your high school equivalency scores or your high school transcript for review. High school transcripts must include the degree conferral date and must show that you completed your high school degree with at least a 2.0 GPA. Please upload your unofficial documents with your online application. For questions, please email ceregistration@colorado.edu.

Course Restrictions and Prerequisites

Some courses at CU—including mathematics, engineering, language and all graduate-level courses—may be restricted. Proof of completed prerequisites or departmental permission may be required to enroll. If you believe you meet the prerequisite from an outside university or have additional questions about prerequisite approvals, please connect with a CE advisor by scheduling an appointment or emailing ceadvise@colorado.edu.

Holds and Academic Status

A hold on your account (financial, academic, student conduct, etc.) may prevent you from being eligible to enroll. Students should contact a Continuing Education academic advisor with questions about academic probation/suspension/dismissal from the Boulder campus. More about probation and suspension.

Now that you’ve selected your favorite Continuing Education courses, email or print the information, including class number, to more easily search Buff Portal and enroll. Still have questions? Contact an advisor.


Monday – Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm


We are located at the corner of University Avenue and 15th Street in a white brick building.


1505 University Avenue
University of Colorado Boulder
178 UCB
Boulder, Colorado