Pre-Health Advising for Enrolled Nondegree Students
Enrolled nondegree students have access to both individual pre-health advising and a rich program of group workshops. We delight in working with nontraditional students; our advisees range in age from their early 20s to their 40s and beyond.
By working with an experienced pre-health advisor, you can gain:
- Feedback on your current areas of strength and weakness as a prospective applicant to professional school,
- Referrals to appropriate activities that will enhance your candidacy,
- Resources and an understanding of your options, should you encounter a setback on the pre-health path,
- Assistance with preparing strong application materials for professional school admission,
- Expert preparation for interviews at professional schools.
Visit the CU Boulder Continuing Education Pre-Health Advising website to get started.
Advising for Prospective Pre-Health Students
We encourage all prospective pre-health students to meet with one of our academic advisors to learn how to complete your pre-health prerequisites at CU Boulder. They will help you understand all of the enrollment options available to you (nondegree, degree-seeking, our Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program, options outside CU Boulder, etc.) and can help you understand the differences in cost, availability of financial aid, and access to courses among those options. Individual pre-health advising appointments are available for enrolled nondegree students only.
To schedule a time to talk with one of our academic advisors in person or over the phone, you may use our online scheduling system or call 303-492-5148. Same-day and next-day appointments are usually available.
If you are interested in learning about CU Boulder’s Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions program, please visit the program page.