Join us at the Leeds School Financial Literacy Day
The Leeds School of Business will host the first Financial Literacy Day on Friday, Oct 20 from 9:30 to 3:00 p.m. in the Koelbel Olson atrium and assigned classrooms.
The event is free and open to all CU students, staff, and faculty. During the day, you can choose from presentations across two tracks and participate in an “under-the-trees” lunch break, where you will have an opportunity to interact with recent Leeds alumni who are working as personal financial planning and wealth management advisors.
Track 1 – “Personal Financial Knowledge” Track
- Session 1 – Keynote: “How financial services companies can help in bridging the wealth gap in America” (10-10:45)
- Session 2 – Strategic planning, budgeting, consumer credit, FICO score (11-11:45)
- Session 3 – Employer income and benefits, risk management, tax minimization (1-1:45)
- Session 4 – Investing, employer 401k retirement plans, IRAs, supportive mindsets (2-2:45)
Track 2 – “Career Opportunities Track”
- Session 1 – Keynote: “Career paths and salary progression” (10:00-10:45)
- Session 2 – Women advisors panel discussion (11-11:45)
- Session 3 – Building a financial practice panel discussion (1-1:45)
- Session 4 – Employment with mega-financial firms panel discussion (2-2:45)
Lunch (hosted by Mercer Advisors)
Under-the-trees discussion with recent Leeds Alumni working in financial services (12-1). Register for the event and lunch, which are both free.
If you have any questions, contact Harry Starn at email@example.com.