Youth Piano Policies
- A piano or keyboard at home is required to complete the practice assignments. Families of beginners who do not currently own a piano or keyboard may want to purchase an inexpensive electronic keyboard.
- Students will have practice and homework. Parents of younger students need to supervise that students practice regularly and finish the required homework.
- Parents must drop and pick up students in a timely manner.
- Parents of students younger than 12 must escort their children to the door of the studio where the lessons take place. For the student’s safety, please do not drop children at the door of the building.
- We suggest that parents of younger students stay in the building during the lesson.
- No food is allowed in the lesson facilities.
Make-up Lesson Policy
No refunds are provided for missed lessons. Please contact the instructor 24 hours in advance if you or your child needs to miss a lesson. For lessons missed due to student absences, up to two make-up lesson will be provided per semester. Make-up lessons usually take place at the end of the semester, but may be arranged with the instructor at a different time.
If the instructor must miss a lesson, we will try to contact you in advance if possible. In case of instructor absence, we will make an effort to provide make-up lessons for each missed lesson. If it were not possible to coordinate a convenient make-up time for both the student and instructor, we will provide alternatives so that the student can make-up the lesson(s) with a different instructor at a different time. Please contact the lesson coordinator at Continuing Education for make-up lessons with different instructors.