Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Application Requirements
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning October 1, 2018. Submit materials by fax to 303-492-3962 or mail to:
Post Baccalaureate Program
The Division of Continuing Education
1505 University Avenue, 178 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
For additional information on the application process email email@example.com.
Preferred applicants have:
- A strong academic history with a bachelor’s degree in a non-science field. Most successful applicants will have a grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or above.
- An interest in graduate education for careers as medical doctors, veterinarians, physical therapists, physician assistants, anesthesiologist assistants and more.
- An informed understanding of the health profession they seek to enter based on extensive and meaningful clinical experience in a healthcare setting, such as shadowing medical professionals, volunteering with patients, or employment in a healthcare field.
- Successfully completed pre-calculus mathematics or the equivalent.
Complete applications include:
- A completed application form, including a personal statement (refer to the Tips for Writing an Effective Personal Statement resource).
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50. Make checks payable to the University of Colorado.
- An official transcript exhibiting the official seal and signature of the registrar from each college or university you have attended.
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended and, if applicable, documentation of GED.
- Verification of math proficiency that meets the prerequisite for pre-calculus (or algebra + trigonometry) in one of the following ways:
- A transcript showing completion of pre-calculus OR college algebra and trigonometry taken in the past two years with a grade of B or better.
- Students who do not have the math requirement at the time of application will need to submit records in the form of official transcripts with college-level algebra and trigonometry, pre-calculus or calculus with a grade of B or better by the first day of class in the summer of 2019.
- Two letters of recommendation (Click here for instructions).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the application process.