Community Auditor Restrictions
Participants in the Community Auditors Program must meet the following requirements:
- Age 18-54 (Age 55 or over, see the Senior Auditor Program)
- Not be registered as either a degree-seeking or nondegree student at CU Boulder
Auditors are not considered students and do not receive the same privileges as enrolled or nondegree students. Registered auditors receive class instruction, access to the online learning management system, and library privileges only. Acceptance to the University of Colorado Boulder as a community auditor does not guarantee eligibility for regular degree or nondegree status. To enroll in CU Boulder courses for credit as a nondegree student, please visit the ACCESS program page.
Registered students, either enrolled or suspended, may not attend courses as a Community Auditor. If an admitted degree student is interested in participating in a class without receiving credit, the student must enroll in the course for no credit. Courses taken for no credit are assessed the same tuition rate as courses taken for credit.
The following classes are not available to auditors:
- Any class that exceeds room fire code capacity, or is waitlisted
- Participatory courses (voice, choral, dance, painting, ceramics, computer, theater, photography, musical instrument, studio film etc.)
- Cinema Studies studio courses and CINE/FILM 2000 – Foundations 1
- Online Credit Continuing Education courses
- Graduate-level library courses
- Honors Program courses
- HUMN 4135 and HUMN 4011
- International Affairs senior seminar courses (IAFS 4500) and any fully enrolled IAFS course
- First-year law courses (e.g. all LAWS 5000- & some 6000-level) and all law school seminars (any LAWS 8000-level course)
- All graduate level Business courses (ACCT, BADM, MBAC, MBAX, MSBC and MSBX)
- History undergraduate seminar courses in 3000s and HIST 1800
- All Computer Science Post-Bacc (CSPB Courses)
- Foreign language courses, including Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean and Hindi
NOTE: Community members may access language courses through the Anderson Language and Technology Center (ALTEC)
Contact us for more information at email@example.com or 303-492-5148.