Career and Major Exploration
Doing some initial research on majors and occupations is the best way to discover a profession that complements and maximizes your personality traits, interests, and goals.
Major Exploration Resources
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Use this website to help you connect majors to careers. Learn about typical career areas, types of employers, and strategies to get started once you make a decision.
- Majors Card Sort
- You can use the Majors Card Sort to help you identify what interests you most. The Card Sort is free and can take up to 20 minutes to complete and you can save your results. (You do not need an IdentiKey to complete this module. You can enter any number(s) or letter(s) to complete the card sort.)
- My Majors
- This is a college major assessment. In 15 minutes, the assessment will recommend your best-fit majors that match your academic achievement, aptitude, interests, and preferences.
- CU Boulder Majors & Programs
- Explore the available majors and programs at CU Boulder.
- Myth Buster: Why your major does not equal your career
- This article, published by CU Boulder Career Services, offers good insights into some of the most common misconceptions about choosing a major.
Career Exploration Resources
- O*Net Online
- A tool for career exploration and job analysis that provides detailed descriptions of occupations.
- This site helps you discover what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession, and how to position yourself to start, advance, or change your career. Hear from professionals working in the fields that interest you.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- My Next Move
- What do you want to do for a living? My Next Move helps you decide what types of careers you might want to explore.
- Your source for career exploration, training, and jobs.
- My Colorado Journey
- Get connected to careers, education, and resources in Colorado.