GREK 1013 Beginning Classical Greek 1; Section 581
About the Course:
For students with no previous knowledge of ancient Greek. Introduces basic grammar and vocabulary.
- Explain and demonstrate a basic understanding of the grammatical structure of the Greek language.
- Read and recognize basic ancient Greek vocabulary.
- Appreciate ancient Greek culture, literature, and history as learned through study of the language.
- Read aloud, write, and translate simple paragraphs in ancient Greek.
Anne H. Groton, From Alpha to Omega: A Beginning Course in Classical Greek, Fourth Edition, Focus Publishing, 2012.
From Alpha to Omega: Ancillary Exercises, Jon Bruss, Focus Publishing, 2001.
– Extra practice exercises for the student, along with a helpful answer key.
Greek Paradigm Handbook: Reference Guide and Memorization Tool. Focus Publishing, 2008.
– A handy pocket guide of Greek forms, with charts and tables for easy reference
- Daily Quizzes (18 out of 25): 25%
- Weekly tests (4): 30%
- Assignments: 15%
- Participation: 15%
- Final Exam: 15%