Job Search Resources
During your job search, you may refer to a number of different resources and job boards to find positions that interest you.
If you are looking for work, you should spend at least 50-60% of your time networking. Online job boards are not typically the best use of your time (although they can be a good research tool).
While networking is generally where you want to spend the majority of your time, it’s important to have a couple of “go-to” places to search for open positions and potential employers.
Colorado Job Boards and Local Resources
Find job boards specific to your industry and location.
- Built-in Colorado
- Online community for Colorado startups, tech news, and events.
- Luke’s Circle
- Lists Boulder and Denver jobs.
- Andrew Hudson’s Job List
- Lists jobs all over Colorado.
- Connecting Colorado
- Apply for a specific job, post your resume, or search through their jobs database.
- Colorado Nonprofit Jobs
- Colorado Workforce Centers
Job Boards for Specific Industries
Professional associations often post job opportunities for their members on internal job boards. If you’re currently a member of a professional association, make sure to go to their website to view the list of available opportunities.
Resources for CU Students
General Job Boards
- LinkedIn Jobs
- The Muse
- Provides career advice and a job board.
- You have to be careful when applying to an open position via Craigslist, but there is generally less competition on Craigslist.
- College Recruiter
- This site is a job board for students and recent graduates that includes part-time, seasonal, internship, and entry-level jobs.
- College Grad
- Entry-level jobs.
- Make sure to check employers’ websites for open positions as well.