Compliance and Cannabis the Focus of Two Colorado Law Programs This June
The University of Colorado Law School will offer two online continuing education programs this June for professionals in the compliance and cannabis industries, respectively: Ethics and Compliance in the Post-Pandemic World and the Cannabis Entrepreneurship Academy.
The programs bring together CU Boulder faculty with industry experts to provide legal and business professionals with advanced and dynamic training. Both programs will be offered online via Zoom and provide participants who complete the programs with Colorado Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits.
Ethics and Compliance in the Post-Pandemic World
The coronavirus pandemic has upended organizational norms in every industry. Ethics and compliance professionals have played a crucial role in charting the organizational path through the crisis, often with limited information, urgent timeframes, and utilizing new and formerly unknown technologies and protocols. Although we may finally begin to envision a return to a more normal operational status, much remains unsettled. Organizations may choose to retain many policies, procedures, and technologies adopted during the pandemic, requiring careful and strategic planning. Other tools employed during the pandemic may become obsolete or unnecessary.
Ethics and Compliance in the Post-Pandemic World trains lawyers and other compliance professionals for the challenges and opportunities they will face in the coming years. Participants will hear from the chief compliance officers at some of the largest companies in the world, including Kimberly-Clark, Volkswagen, Carnival, and Northrop Grumman, about the challenges they faced during the pandemic, how their organizations shifted to accommodate a new reality, and the lessons that participants can take for the future.
- The program will be hosted on Tuesday, June 1 from 9:00 to 11:40 a.m. MT.
- Cost: $300 ($250 for government/nonprofit/CU alumni). Discounts are available for multiple/group registrations.
- Upon completion of this continuing legal education program, participants will earn a Certificate in Compliance from the University of Colorado Law School.
Cannabis Entrepreneurship Academy
Cannabis entrepreneurship presents unique legal, practical, and business challenges—both in Colorado and, increasingly, around the country. Colorado Law, in concert with the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder, presents the Cannabis Entrepreneurship Academy: a four-day, continuing education program that tackles some of the latest legal and business issues cannabis entrepreneurs face. The program covers topics including:
- State regulation and enforcement
- Federal regulation and enforcement
- Regulatory regimes
- Market research, data analytics, and marketing strategies
- Comparative perspectives from other states and countries
- Social and ethical issues related to cannabis
Participants receive startup and advanced business advice from experienced cannabis entrepreneurs and other industry experts.
- This program runs every Friday morning in June (June 4, 11, 18, 25).
- Cost: $500 for either the law-focused (June 4 & 11) or business-focused (June 18 & 25) days, or $750 for the full Academy. Discounts will be available for multiple/group registrations.
- Participants will earn a Certificate in Cannabis Entrepreneurship from the University of Colorado Law School and the Leeds School of Business.
- Lawyers can earn up to 8 CLE credits
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about either program.