Statement of Solidarity Against Racial Injustice
As an organization with a mission and history of building connections between CU Boulder and diverse communities in Colorado and beyond, Continuing Education shares in the pain and outrage as we witness more acts of violence against people of color.
We share the sentiments expressed by our Chancellor and many other units on campus in recent days. We must join together to oppose systemic inequality and acts of racial injustice.
To all of our students, colleagues, and neighbors, please know we care about you and are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community with access to opportunity for everyone.
Campus offers many resources for support, activism, and education, including:
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement: Partners with departments and units across campus to create inclusive and equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Office of Victim Assistance: Provides the campus community with counseling support and advocacy.
- Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance: Implements and enforces policies against discrimination and harassment within the campus community.
- Black Student Alliance: Serves as an advocate of the Black/African American student and as ally to all other underrepresented voices on campus.
- Center for Inclusion and Social Change: Supports all students in the exploration of their identities and creates a welcoming and inclusive space on campus that supports academic and personal growth.
We wish you well during these times.
Sara M. Thompson
Dean & Vice Provost
Continuing Education, Summer Session, and Outreach & Engagement