Nontraditional Student Scholarship
Continuing Education offers a Nontraditional Student Scholarship every semester. The maximum award for the scholarship is 80% of the resident rate of one, three-credit course with a maximum of $1,000. Students may be awarded the scholarship only once during their time as a non-degree student. The award amount is based on available funding and a competitive essay review. The Spring 2017 application deadline is January 27, 2017 and the Summer 2017 application deadline is May 26, 2017.
Eligible students must be:
- Nondegree seeking (not formally admitted to a CU degree program)
- Enrolled in courses offered via ACCESS, Boulder Evening Credit, Online Credit, the International English Center, or Applied Music.
Application and Award Process
- Along with the application, include a typewritten essay of at least 250 words addressing your past educational history; your future goals; and the way in which the scholarship will assist you in meeting those goals.
- Awardees will be notified via the email given on the application.
If you have any questions or are unable to log into the form, please contact us at email@example.com.
College Opportunity Fund
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) is an amount of money given by the state of Colorado to Colorado residents enrolled in undergraduate credit courses at a Colorado college or university. Each year the Colorado Legislature sets the stipend (amount given to students as a per credit hour amount).
You are eligible to use this money for your Continuing Education enrollment if you are:
1. not formally admitted to a degree program (also known as a nondegree student),
2. a resident of Colorado, and
3. taking undergraduate courses through the ACCESS program or CU Boulder Summer Session.
How to Apply and Authorize COF
1. Apply online through the College Access Network.
2. Authorize COF when you enroll in your course(s).
Please note – it may take three to four days after you apply for COF for you to be able to authorize. You cannot apply and authorize COF on the same day.
3. Questions? Call us at 303-492-5148.
The COF stipend is not applicable for Continuing Education’s Evening Credit, Online Learning, Applied Music, Individualized Instruction, or International English Center courses. The tuition rates for many of these programs are based on the tuition paid by Colorado residents after the COF stipend is applied.