Advising for Prospective Pre-Health Students
To learn about enrollment at CU Boulder for the purpose of completing pre-health prerequisites, the first step is to talk with one of our academic advisors. Same-day or next-day appointments are usually available; you may schedule an in-person meeting or simply reserve a time to talk with an advisor over the phone. During this meeting, you will be able to learn about the myriad options for enrolling at CU Boulder as a pre-health student. In addition, our academic advisors can assist you with the enrollment process, course permissions, and CU Boulder resources. Please schedule an appointment or email email@example.com with your questions.
If you are interested in learning about CU Boulder’s Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate program, please review the information posted on the program’s information page. If you have further questions, please contact Jennifer Burnham, Program Manager, at Jennifer.L.Burnham@colorado.edu.
In addition, prospective students may take advantage of up to two individual appointments with our career advisor prior to enrolling at no charge. Career advising can provide you with greater clarity regarding a potential career change and can help you sort through the various options. Enrolled students may access additional career advising at no charge. Schedule an appointment with our Career Advisor.
Pre-Health Advising for Enrolled Nondegree Students
The pre-health advisor’s role is to assist enrolled non-degree students at CU Boulder as they prepare to apply to professional school. The pre-health advisor can provide the following services:
- Provide feedback on your current areas of strength and weakness as a prospective applicant to professional school.
- Refer you to appropriate activities that will enhance your candidacy.
- Provide resources and options should you encounter a setback on the pre-health path.
- Help you prepare strong application materials for professional school admission.
Individual pre-health advising appointments are available to enrolled non-degree students only. Before you may schedule your first individual advising appointment with a pre-health advisor in Continuing Education, you must first complete the following two steps:
- Meet with an academic advisor to review the best way to complete prerequisites at CU Boulder, as well as application processes and deadlines, and
- Watch a video that provides a detailed outline of how to become a strong applicant for your desired health profession. On the CU Boulder Career Services website, watch the Field-Specific Informational Video that pertains to the field in which you are interested. You do not need to complete the quiz that accompanies the video. (Please note that, as a non-degree student, you will be accessing pre-health advising from Continuing Education, not Career Services.) After you have met with a Continuing Education academic advisor and watched the required video, you may schedule an individual appointment with a pre-health advisor at Continuing Education.
After completing these two steps, you may schedule a 50 minute appointment.