Pre-Health Advising for Enrolled Nondegree Students
The pre-health advisor’s role is to assist enrolled non-degree students at CU Boulder as they prepare to apply to professional school. The pre-health advisor can provide the following services:
- Provide feedback on your current areas of strength and weakness as a prospective applicant to professional school.
- Refer you to appropriate activities that will enhance your candidacy.
- Provide resources and options should you encounter a setback on the pre-health path.
- Help you prepare strong application materials for professional school admission.
Individual pre-health advising appointments are available to enrolled non-degree students only. Before you may schedule your first individual advising appointment with a pre-health advisor in Continuing Education, you must first complete the following two steps:
- Meet with an academic advisor to review the best way to complete prerequisites at CU Boulder, as well as application processes and deadlines, and
- Watch a video that provides a detailed outline of how to become a strong applicant for your desired health profession. On the CU Boulder Career Services website, watch the Field-Specific Informational Video that pertains to the field in which you are interested. You do not need to complete the quiz that accompanies the video. (Please note that, as a non-degree student, you will be accessing pre-health advising from Continuing Education, not Career Services.) After you have met with a Continuing Education academic advisor and watched the required video, you may schedule an individual appointment with a pre-health advisor at Continuing Education.
After completing these two steps, you may schedule a 50 minute appointment.