Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Application Requirements
Preferred applicants have:
- A strong academic history with a bachelor’s degree in a non-science field. Most successful applicants will have a grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or above.
- An interest in graduate education in medicine, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, physician assistance, anesthesiologist assistance and more.
- An informed understanding of the health profession they seek to enter based on extensive and meaningful clinical experience in a healthcare setting, such as shadowing medical professionals, volunteering with patients, or employment in a healthcare field.
- Successfully completed pre-calculus mathematics or the equivalent.
Complete applications include:
- A completed application form (refer to the application instructions)
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50. Make checks payable to the University of Colorado.
- A personal statement
- An official transcript exhibiting the official seal and signature of the registrar from each college or university you have attended.
- Verification of math proficiency that meets the prerequisite for pre-calculus (or algebra + trigonometry) in one of the following ways:
– A transcript showing completion of pre-calculus OR college algebra and trigonometry taken in the past two years with a grade of B or better.
- ALEKS assessment showing math proficiency at the required (precalc/algebra+trig) level. You may receive information or a login code for the ALEKS assessment by emailing email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation (Click here for instructions)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the application process.