Search Continuing Education

International Student Resources

The University of Colorado Boulder welcomes visiting students from around the world. Experience American culture, make friends, enjoy Boulder, and take advantage of a top-notch university. International students have two options for enrollment as nondegree students. Details below will help you find the best path for your CU-Boulder enrollment this summer:

Option #1: International travelers who enter the United States on a Visa Waiver or on a B1/B2 Tourist Visa

U.S. Immigration law prohibits any full-time study for students who enter the U. S. on the visa waiver program or on B1/B2 tourist visas. Visitors on B1/B2 tourist visas, or on the visa waiver program, enroll in a maximum of one (1) 3-credit course only if the following criteria are met:

  • Enrollment in University of Colorado Boulder course(s) will be solely for recreational purposes;
  • Course work will not be considered full time; and the course will not be used for credit toward a degree, diploma, or certificate;
  • Enrollment will be limited to one credit course per semester. Noncredit enrollment will not exceed 18 clock hours per week;
  • The course(s) are only incidental to the tourist’s visit to the U.S., and are not the main purpose of the visit.

To Apply:

Option #2: International citizens who want to study at CU-Boulder on a full-time basis on an F1 student visa

Global ACCESS, the University of Colorado Boulder’s visiting international student program, allows you to enroll in undergraduate or graduate courses at the university and earn credit as a nondegree student for one semester up to three consecutive semesters (i.e. fall, spring, summer).

Global ACCESS students must enroll as full-time students:

  • 12 undergraduate credits in fall/spring semesters
  • 6 undergraduate credits in summer
  • 6 graduate credits in fall/spring semesters
  • 3 graduate credits in summer for graduate courses

To apply, complete the Global ACCESS application and provide the following supporting enrollment materials:

  • A transcript showing graduation from high school
  • A copy of your passport page with biographical date information
  • Proof of TOEFL PB/IBT/IELTS of 537/75/6.5
  • A bank letter indicating adequate funds (see Financial information on Request an I-20 Form)

After your application is reviewed, you will be notified via email of your acceptance and we can provide assistance in obtaining an I-20 to apply for a F1 student visa. Once enrolled, Continuing Education will provide assistance with academic advising, housing, insurance, travel information, and more.

If you have questions, please email

International English Center students are encouraged to visit the IEC website.

For additional visa information, please visit the International Student and Scholar Services website.

Now that you’ve selected your favorite Continuing Education courses, email or print the information, including class number, to more easily search MyCUInfo and enroll. Still have questions? Contact an advisor.


Monday – Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm


We are located at the corner of University Avenue and 15th Street in a white brick building.


1505 University Avenue
University of Colorado Boulder
178 UCB
Boulder, Colorado