Fall 2016 Group Piano Class
Group piano class is available this fall for students from the second to the fourth grades with no prior piano experience.
- When: Fridays from 4:00–5:00 p.m. The class runs from September 9 to December 9, 2016.
- NOTE: Class will not meet on Friday, November 25 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- What: Lessons are taught in small groups of up to 8 students. Students learn the basics of rhythm, music reading, playing technique, and correct hand position. They also learn to play simple solo and ensemble pieces as well as background on classical music, instruments, and composers.
- Where: The piano lab (Room N180C) in the Imig Music Building.
- Instructors: The class is taught by Robert Hjelmstad, a DMA student, with supervision by Dr. Alejandro Cremaschi, chair of the piano pedagogy department.
- Tuition: Tuition for this class is $300. CU Boulder faculty and staff are eligible for a 20% discount on tuition.
For more information or to register for the class, please contact Amy Li at 303-492-5950 or email@example.com.