Community Auditor Restrictions
Auditors are not considered students and do not receive the same privileges as enrolled or nondegree students. Acceptance to the University of Colorado Boulder as a community auditor does not guarantee eligibility for regular degree or nondegree status. Registered students cannot attend courses as a Community Auditor.
There is no credit for audited courses nor are auditors eligible to petition for credit at any time. Auditors do not receive a transcript, formal or informal. To enroll in CU-Boulder courses for credit as a nondegree student, consider the ACCESS program.
The following classes are not available to auditors:
- Participatory courses (voice, choral, dance, painting, pottery, computer, theater, photography, musical instrument, etc.)
- Online Credit Continuing Education courses
- Maymester and Augmester summer courses
- Honors courses and courses that have a waitlist
- First-year law courses (e.g. Law 5000 and 8000)
- All graduate level Business courses (ACCT, BADM, MBAC, MBAX, MSBC and MSBX)
- History undergraduate seminar courses in 3000s
- Foreign language courses, including Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Farsi and Hindi
NOTE: Community members may access language courses through the Anderson Language and Technology Center (ALTEC)
- Be Boulder Anywhere Library courses
Contact us for more information at email@example.com or 303-492-5148.