Community Auditor Restrictions
Auditors are not considered students and do not receive the same privileges as enrolled or nondegree students. Acceptance to the University of Colorado Boulder as a community auditor does not guarantee eligibility for regular degree or nondegree status. Registered students cannot attend courses as a Community Auditor.
There is no credit for audited courses nor are auditors eligible to petition for credit at any time. Auditors can view and print an unofficial copy of their transcript through the MyCUinfo student portal or request a hard copy through the Registrar’s office. To enroll in CU-Boulder courses for credit as a nondegree student, consider the ACCESS program.
The following classes are not available to auditors:
- Participatory courses (voice, choral, dance, painting, pottery, computer, theater, photography, musical instrument, etc.)
- Online Credit Continuing Education courses
- Maymester and Augmester summer courses
- Honors courses and courses that have a waitlist
- First-year law courses (e.g. Law 5000 and 8000)
- All graduate level Business courses (ACCT, BADM, MBAC, MBAX, MSBC and MSBX)
- History undergraduate seminar courses in 3000s
- Foreign language courses, including Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Farsi and Hindi
NOTE: Community members may access language courses through the Anderson Language and Technology Center (ALTEC)
- Be Boulder Anywhere Library courses
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-492-5148.